Australias Newest YouTube Star (New Theme Tune for the Elijah and Crumpet Show)
*** For bonus footage or to buy Elijah's art, see: https://www.patreon.com/ElijahandCrumpet *** Elijah, Australia's newest YouTube Star (see news .com .au article and The Today Show below) sings the new theme tune to the Elijah and Crumpet show, together with Crumpet (and Dad playing the keyboard).
5th March 2019 - The Today Show filmed Elijah at home creating a show with Crumpet, plus interview with Mum and Elijah:
25th February 2019 - Gary Nunn kickstarted our YouTube success story with this lovely article:
- In 2018 Elijah and Crumpet made over 70 videos in just 4 months, learning as they went about filming, YouTube and social media. They now have over 115 videos and are aiming to upload 365 videos in 2019! These two have a bright future, so please subscribe, like, share and join them on their journey as YouTubers!
- You can also follow us on Twitter @ElijahCrumpet and Instagram @elijahandcrumpet
#NoSmallArtist ... a series intended to inspire and motivate both kids and adults to get painting!
The ability to create art is in all of us and, fortunately, there are many styles and techniques which cater for all levels. Abstract Art is the most obvious one which allows absolute beginners to produce something meaningful. Art is as much the thought process as the physical painting, which lends itself to beginners. We just have to get started, which is a barrier to many. Hopefully seeing Elijah and Crumpet getting stuck into the creative process will encourage you to do the same. We can guide you with what we learn along the way.
#DownSyndrome - In case you are wondering, Elijah has Down Syndrome (DS) (also called Down's Syndrome in some parts of the world and also known as Trisomy 21). To learn more, please search for local websites.
#PracticeMakesPerfec = Our Practice Makes Perfect hashtag as we have done so much of that over the years! The missing T symbolises that being perfect isn't the most important thing, it's the aim that matters and the hard work that we put in. We may never reach perfection and that's ok.
#nosmallcreator = a community of YouTube creators we joined. They support each other with ideas, encouragement, views so that we can learn these new skills and grow our channels together.
We are also seeking community help to add subtitles and closed captions in any language. This is designed to make our videos more accessible to people around the world. It takes time, which we don't have a lot of when do the actual video creation, but if we can get our viewers to contribute as a team, that would be fantastic. Shout outs, yeeha's and acknowledgments will be given. Ideally please start with the most recent videos and the most popular ones (views). To jump to our videos please click this link: http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_cs_panel?c=UCkWpM_Gbn06zeaUgxf5rn9Q&tab=2
Reasons for the show:
1. Elijah wanted to be a famous YouTuber (thanks to his big brother).
2. Elijah loves performing and watching himself performing.
3. Elijah loves having fun with Crumpet.
4. Rehearsing and putting together the show is a great learning opportunity for Elijah, as he has to remember the plan, practice and learn to stay on task.
5. Being a YouTuber is a socially valued role, which means that others view Elijah in a positive light, which helps with inclusion.
6. The show allows Elijah to show off what he can do, helping to break down misconceptions about people with disability.
7. Seeing the shows give other kids the opportunity to strike up conversation with Elijah, which promotes friendships.
8. Seeing Elijah will hopefully motivate and inspire other parents who may just be at the start of their journey.
9. Seeing Elijah produce this content may inspire other kids to become YouTubers themselves!
10. We can provide some educational content around learning languages, travel, reading and general life skills.
11. We are able to share a lot of fun times together and have some great clips to look back on later in life!
Check out this link for a great explanation of the evolution of Inclusive Education by Shelley Moore:
Common searches include:
Down Syndrome Australia
Causes of Down syndrome
Down Syndrome support services
How common is Down Syndrome?
Down syndrome definition
Downs syndrome test
Down syndrome baby
Types of down syndrome
What is down syndrome and what is the cause?
#NoSmallArtist #DownSyndrome #PracticeMakesPerfec